Catch-up post? It’s gotta be bullets, baby.
Meanwhile, in our missing month(s)…
- Fall semester was busy, busy, busy for Aaron of course. Papers rather than exams this time, but still lots of memorizing for Hebrew and reading for everything. He is still an intern at our church and preached once this fall. We are loving our small group there too. He finished his semester last Friday.
- We took Chatterbox to see Harry Potter 7.1 and while Aaron may have left depressed, we came home so hyped up on HP that we both chattered all night weekend. Narnia next!
- We had Thanksgiving dinner with my parents, my grandma, and my aunt. The food and hangout time was good. The Lions were not.
- That Sunday afternoon I fell down the steps so spectacularly that I flipped/rolled around the corner–and sprained my ankle. It hurt so bad after small group that I went to the ER because I thought I’d broken a bone in my foot. And because it’s not Thanksgiving weekend until somebody goes to the ER. It did rapidly improve so I could drive again by Tuesday, thankfully.
- We killed a Christmas tree.
- We got 15 inches of snow in 36 hours. Five miles away they had almost zero. Lake effect is for realz, y’all. I stayed home and watched the snow fall and listened to the Christmas tree dying.
- AJ had a birthday! FORE–look out, she’s four! Our celebrations were low key, but I did manage a kitty cake, and she scored plenty of gifts. She is all about the girlyness right now; accordingly, the number of sequins and dolls in our house has increased by a factor of ten in the last two weeks.
- I got my first ever tooth filling–for the record NOT for lack of (near obsessive) teeth brushing but started from a cracked tooth. Considering my history of difficulty staying conscious in the presence of needles…it could have been much worse.
- Christmas came early! My brother, sister-in-law, and two-going-on-tenured-professor-of-palentology-and-vocabulary nephew visited last weekend. We all gathered at my parents’ house for the time honored traditions of stockings, cookie decorating, too many gifts (mom), too much food (me), trying to teach old people new technology, and family photo fails. It was so nice to just hang out, although I wasn’t feeling great with a cough/cold and it was way too short.
- We also got to see my cousin from California, finally meet her husband, and share in the miracle of watching the Lions winning a road game. Come to think of it, the last time that happened was the last time I saw my cousin…2007! We’d better get together more often.
That’s it? I know. I was expecting more too.
But you never know what a few days off and a new year will bring. Blog resurrection? Well, maybe a couple photo posts, anyway.
Merry pre-Christmas week!